Daniel K. Inouye Kilauea Point Lighthouse
The gleaming white tower has been restored to its original condition. Known today as the Daniel K. Inouye Kīlauea Point Lighthouse, this impressive 52 foot structure is situated on a rocky peninsula 180 feet above the Pacific Ocean. Perched at the northernmost tip of Kauai, the 52-foot Daniel K. Inouye Kilauea Point Lighthouse was built in 1913 as a beacon for traveling ships. Although its light was turned off in the 1970s and has been replaced by an automatic beacon, it still serves as one of the island’s most frequented attractions.