How to Prepare for Shopping in Hawaii
In addition to enjoying Hawaii’s sandy beaches and warm weather, the islands are also a serious shopping destination.
Here are tips to prepare for your retail adventure:
- Wear comfortable clothes, cool cottons work well. Footwear – slippers (flip flops), you’ll feel local.
- Look for unique Hawaii items. Inspiration ocean signs, beach towels, island-inspired artwork. These will look great when you design your new wall at home.
Green Room, Sheraton Waikiki
- Bring an extra bag, or ask for a large bag from the shop you just purchased goodies from. Go ahead, show off the logo bag.
- If you’re looking for a popular item, call ahead of time to check inventory. Let’s save time!
Sand People, Sheraton Waikiki
- For weekend shopping, many retailers open later. Have brunch first. Your tummy will thank you.
- Pack your sunscreen and check out the swap meet scene. And don’t forget to hydrate!
- When paying, use your favorite rewards card. Let’s earn more!
- Schedule in stops to enjoy favorite local bites. Ask your Concierge or hotel staff for their personal faves!
Afternoon Tea, Banyan Veranda at the Moana
- If shopping for friends, check out their online wish lists including Pinterest boards. You’ll surely impress!
- Shop with a friend – browse and have fun. Ask for the biggest fitting room to try clothes on together. More room, more fun!
Favorite shopping malls in or near Waikiki: Collections of Waikiki, International Marketplace, Ala Moana Center, and South Shore Market at Ward Village. Or, plan a day trip to shopping areas outside of Waikiki: Aloha Stadium Swap Meet, Waikele Premium Outlets, North Shore Marketplace.
With the holidays right around the corner, remember that Hawaii has a lot to offer in our unique shopper’s paradise!