Top 10: Reasons Why I Booked a Staycation at Sheraton Waikiki
This post was contributed by Gem from Hawaii Mom Blog.
In a previous post I mentioned how my husband and I rarely exchange gifts anymore when it comes to birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
For a while now we’ve simply been planning “experiences,” such as trips and activities, which I personally love a lot more.
For our anniversary this year, I decided we needed to really do something special – a family staycation! My husband and I normally have brunch – just the two of us, but we decided a family staycation would be fun, and I knew just the place to stay – Sheraton Waikiki.
Here are my Top 10 reasons why I selected the Sheraton Waikiki for our upcoming anniversary staycation:
1. Helumoa Pool: Last year when I stayed at The Royal Hawaiian, I found out that they have shared use of the Helumoa Pool, which is at Sheraton Waikiki. When I went to check out the pool, I knew a staycation at Sheraton Waikiki was a must. I don’t think my kids will ever want to leave the Helumoa Pool. With two fresh water swimming pools, a water slide, and a fountain area, I wouldn’t blame them for not wanting to leave!
2. Views: I often see photos on social media of the gorgeous views from the Sheraton Waikiki. I can’t wait to see these views in person!
3. Kai Market’s Seafood Night Buffet: A staycation in Waikiki is not complete without indulging in great food, and Kai Market’s Seafood Night Buffet (available Friday through Sunday) offers prime rib, seafood, chicken, noodles, desserts, and so much more! And Kama`aina can get a 25% off discount with ID!
4. Kid-Friendly Dining: Speaking of dining, through the resort charge, children 5 & under eat for free from the Children’s Menu at designated dining outlets for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner with a paying adult (one paying adult for one child) – what a great way to save money!
5. A Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Waikiki Property: Did you know that when you stay at any one of the four Starwood properties in Waikiki (Sheraton Waikiki; The Royal Hawaiian, A Luxury Collection Resort; Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort and Spa; Sheraton Princess Kaiulani), you have privileges to charge meals at the other three to your room? Talk about convenience!
6. Eateries: From pizza (Hapas Pizza) to ice cream (Baskin-Robbins), there are many other dining options at the Sheraton Waikiki, making it convenient to grab a bite whenever hunger strikes. Can you tell I like to eat whenever I’m on staycation or vacation?
7. Location: The Sheraton Waikiki is within walking distance to numerous great restaurants and retailer, as well as the many popular sights of Waikiki.
8. Beach: The Sheraton Waikiki is right on the beach! We love going to the beach, and not having to go very far to get to the beach, which is literally just steps away, is a huge plus!
9. Link@Sheraton Waikiki: The Link@Sheraton Waikiki is a “multi-media communications and social networking hub.” The Link@Sheraton Waikiki is open 24 hours a day, and registered guests can use any of seven computer terminals with free Internet access; guests with laptops can access the web through Wi-Fi. Even though I’ll be on staycation, I’ll still have work to do while there, so this will be a great place to sneak away for a little while in the early morning or late at night when my kids are asleep so I can get some work done.
10. Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed: After a long day at the pool or beach and a night of indulging great food, I always look forward to a good night’s sleep. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, which consists of luxurious sheets, a deluxe duvet, a selection of feather down and hypoallergenic pillows, and a custom mattress, is found in each guest room, and will help to ensure that I do indeed get a good night’s sleep.
I am so excited for my Sheraton Waikiki Staycation. It’ll be my first time at the hotel, and I’m looking forward to a wonderful stay!
Thank you in advance to Sheraton Waikiki for sponsoring a portion of our stay.